Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cook | Crockpot Mexican Chicken

I've used several variations of this recipe in the past few years. 
I like this one when I want a very basic recipe for flavorful chicken that I can use with tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and other dishes.
It's super simple and speedy.

Crockpot Mexican Chicken

3-4 Frozen, Individual Chicken Breasts
          (I used 4 large breasts in my recipe - I was making for enchiladas, and had some left-over that I plan to use for another meal later in the week)

1/4 C Salsa

1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup
          (I used the Fiesta Nacho Cheese this time because I wanted a little kick.  You could also add 1-2 Tbsp of taco seasoning to achieve extra spice/flavor.)


Directions:
1) Mix 1/4 cup salsa with the can of cheese soup.

2) Put chicken breasts in the crockpot and pour the salsa-cheese mixture over it.

3) Easiest part! Put the lid on and cook on low all-day (I like to use the frozen breasts when it's all-day, usually 8-9 hours).  If you use fresh chicken, you could could easily cook 6-7 hours.  If you cook on high, it cuts the time in half to 3-4 hours. 

4) Shred and you can add in and use as much or as little of the cheesy-salsa broth as you need or desire!



Like I mentioned above, I like to use this for tacos OR Chicken Enchiladas!


Let me know if this becomes one of your "regulars" too OR what changes you make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment